Friday, July 28, 2006

We apologize for the error!

Sadly, there have been no responses suggesting non racist interpretations for that Aaron Clarey (Captain Capitalism) post on Latinos below. But looking it over again myself, I gotta think, Peter (below) was right: when I linked to that post before I just said it was on the misogyny of Latinos, and that really misrepresented it.

In fact, a better description would be, it is a post opening with a textbook example of the classic racist trope of minority men coming to steal white women, imputes to them both misogyny and adulterous behavior, using statistics poorly to do so, and en route makes a typical Clarey swipe at the intelligence of women.

I guess I may have really represented it as much less bad than it actually is, largely because it's difficult to make it sound so bad when using the first-pesron satirical voice (since nobody really brags about being a racist.) Thanks, Peter; I'm glad I went back and re-examined that. If time permits we'll look at more old posts sometime this week.

No comments: